Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Woah Woah Big Intro

Alright- Been meaning to do this for a while- Was going to create a whole website and that will eventually happen, but for now, this is quick and painless....

Enough Blogging about the Blog.

What to people blog about?
Some people write about one thing.
I will write about everything.
Mostly Music as I hate to get all personal on the interweb and all but there will be some insights into the life and mind of CuriousJessy-
The name, by the way, comes from my extreme curiosity and ADD and is taken from one of my favorite childhood characters, Curious George, which also relates to me because Mom and friends alike (and independent from each other) have called me "little Monkey," "Monks" and so on and so forth pertaining to moneys. And I like to Monkey around almost constantly ;)

I really want to take a minute and talk about the M.I.A. show from last Friday night. Terminal 5. Stage time. 11 PM. M.I.A.
Was there an opener? NO ONE CARED.

I love M.I.A.
Loved Arular.
LOVE Kala.
Needless to say, I am in deep smit with M.I.A.
The show was packed and disgusting sweaty and heroically awesome.
I was lucky enough in VIP with an old homie from Universal- free drinks came from an old homie from Boston who I was pleasantly surprised to find behind the bar- and the show was sick from where I saw. The crowd was pretty much losing their minds the entire time and seeing the BK Hipster set out there in their neon-colored hats and suspenders holding up signs that read "Habibi We Love You" warmed this little arab's heart (which right now is still a lump of coal....)

She rapped it all and controlled the visual from a hand held touch-screen device and was not modest enough to re-start an entire song because the visuals were just not right.
She didn't care and neither did we. The show was pretty much non-stop and the beats took us from start to finish and kept the crowd moving with covers and tracks from both records.
At one point the front quarter of the floor was on stage dancing like tribal warriors and shakin' what they mamas gave them and when all was said and done, I was hot and hyper and ready to dance a little more....

I was lame and skipped She Wants Revenge last night, but as of a few hours ago, I am going to see the Shins tonight so hopefully, I am so moved as to write about that. I probably will be. I love them.
Later!

No comments: