Thursday, October 25, 2007

Even Sleep is not Safe!



Last night I had an amazing night!
Metal met me after work looking for something to do for a little while before the Poison the Well show so we had a nice walk in the rain from Fashion District to West Village- I do love that kid and I'm so happy he is here.
We met up with Christina and her beautiful Palestinian/Colombian Friend and after introducing metal to Mamoons, and parting ways with him, the ladies and I went to a comedy show-
Christina met one of the comedians the night before on the train and he invited her to come and see him compete in the Semi-Finals for the Best Comic In NY competition that would lead to a spot at the NY Comedy Festival- we all got in for free and took our seats in the back and proceeded to laugh for the next hour and a half-
The night was great- some of those comics were hysterical! Christina's friend Rocco was really really funny. And a total loon- but in a good way- after the show he invited us to go to another comedy club (I guess that's what comics do- I wouldn't know I've never hung out near one before) but we had to go- Christina was heading home and I wanted to catch the end of the Sox Game-
So get home, Paige cleaned house and it looked Lovely, I watched a few seconds of the game, realised I didn't need to stay up to watch the end, and resided to my room to pop in Apres Vous (been watching a lot of French movies lately to bush up on my speaking skills... actually had a chance to practice with a lovely cab driver after the Shins show the other night :)) and I drift off to sleep and that's when it happens....
I fell into having a terribly disturbing dream. The type of dream that really messed me up this morning. It seemed so real and feasible... yet so unwanted and uncomfortable. I even went back to sleep after waking up to my alarm to try to go back and re-work the ending so I would wake up feeling better about it. Ugh- it has left me with an icky feeling I can not shake today-

Dreams like that make me wonder if what happens in the dream are an extension of my subconsious. Maybe I am bottling up something that came raging out of me in my dream last night. Maybe the dream was cast onto me as an extension of someone else's subconsious- whatever it was, I am quite unhappy about what went down.

Maybe there is something coming my way that this dream was warning me about.

Either way, whatever is going to happen, will happen. I guess we'll just see.

My sister is coming tonight to see/save me.
I am so excited!
xoxo
Jes

No comments: