Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A funny thing happened to me on the train tonight...

I was leaving Astoria tonight and, of course, the wait for the train was uber long and I struck up small talk with the interesting looking gentlemann stading next to me on the cold windy platform as we waited over 20 minutes for the stupid N to come....
Conversation went from energy to raw food and vegetariaism to government and it came about that he let me know that he is an information designer....thisis his profession- of course this peaked my interest and i asked him to tell me more about what he does. He has a lab at Parsons and literally, his job is to look into waves of human social cycles and events and try to map out patterns and hypothesis on human interaction and future events-.. we talked for over an hour, or rather, he talked and I listened- and i have to say it was the most interesting conversation with someone that i have had in a long long time- quite possible in years-
I dont know how well whomever is reading this knows me, but if you have ever met me, you may have realized/noticed that I ask a lot of question, thirst for knowledge and am infinatley curious about pretty much everything-
My co-workers think I am so weird (haha they say "eclectic") because i have all of these random random bits of info that no one even thinks to learn about...
So anyways- not sure what my point was- but i was invigorated by this occurance tonight- and it encouraged me (in some dum dum way) to even take a chance on he trasfer and my F came right away! too bad it ran on the ACE line after 4th and i wound up in SOHO. Oh well... could have been worse... thank the lord for cabs, however if it werent for the train... I wouldnt have met this most interesting character

No comments: