Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Music Reviews

No. I am not reviewing music. I am reviewing Music and Album reviews.
What the is with all of the self-indulgent, I-know-the-English-language-and-all-of-its-flowery-metaphors-and-analigies-better-than-you-do-and-I-am-going-to-show-off-in-a-completely-irrelevant-and-un-readable-and-undecipherable-review-of-a-record-you-may-like-but-don't-want-to-touch-now-because-you-THINK-maybe -I-Just-told-you-it-was-crap?

Forget it! If it takes more effort to read a review than it takes to buy/download and listen to it... then 9 out of 10 people.... aren't going to read the review... I wish magazines and labels would hip themselves to that already-
I would so much rather read a really spazzy and excited review that seeps into me and makes me enthusiastic about a release, than some incoherent rambling musing about god knows what that is just truly gibberish to my eyes that will translate to SILENCE in my ear becuase I left reading the review not any closer to buying the album. The point is to trasnlate excitement or digust! So do just that!

Just sayin'.

No comments: