Sunday, December 9, 2007

therapy

been too long- Sorry about that-
Been insanely busy with work.... I'm builing a Monster.
Literally.
Building a monster.
As my friends are being laid off left and right and the weather grows scary outside I am beginning to settle into my usual winter hibernation.
As I prance around the city in my "Babooshka" AKA- my furry hat that is NOTHING LIKE an actual baboosska, and un-intentionally neo-nazi-inspired coat and boots, I am reminded that I am happy to be in NY.
This year, I am pledging to do something different.
Not a resolution- a life/routine habit.
As I was driving my free-upgraded to SUV rental vehicle all over a snowy and gross Ohio today, listening to Beyond by Donisaur Jr., I came to a realization.
There are things that i want for myself that I can obtain.
I want to work on those things every day.
I need to focus.
"We're men!"
Cleveland was amazing and seeing my ladies and driving around my old town that i was at one time "The Toast Of," running into friends around every corner, hearing my best bud's dood pour his heart out to me about how he will marry her on day, drinking the best effing glass of wine i've had in a long time and waking up to photos I didnt remember taking all remind me that my life is grand.
My friends are incredible people.
I feel proud that the massive ntowrk of people I love are still able to smile when they see me.
woke up and again, didnt want to leave.
But I am happy.
Like I said, Life is grand... and soon it will be all more grander!

No comments: